Connect with us and know about our Orthodontic Treatments near Williams Landing
Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry which focuses on correction of teeth and jaws which are positioned improperly. The advantages of orthodontic treatment comprise healthier oral health, pleasing appearance, and teeth which are more likely to last a lifetime.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
How Does Orthodontic Treatment Work?
Various types of fixed and removable appliances are used to move the teeth in a proper position retrain your muscles and also direct the growth of your jaw bone. These appliances place gentle pressure on the teeth and jaws and help them retain their proper place.
Given below is the list of appliances which are used by orthodontics:
- Braces– These are the most common fixed appliances which are used for orthodontic treatments. They exert controlled pressure on your teeth and help them to get in right place. These braces are generally adjusted in every month to monitor the progress. Nowadays, you get smaller, light and also clear braces.
- Special fixed appliances– These appliances are used to deal with the problem of thumb sucking or tongue thrusting. Your orthodontic will attach these appliances with bands.
- Aligners– These are alternative to traditional braces for adults. They have been used by a number of orthodontics in recent years. Aligners are nearly invisible and can be removed while eating, brushing and flossing.
- Removable space maintainers- These dental appliances are made with an acrylic base which fits on the jaw. These devices also have plastic or wire branches which fit specific teeth to maintain space between them.
- Jaw repositioning appliances– Also known as splints, these dental appliances can be worn on either on the top or on the lower jaw. These appliances train the jaw to move to the favorable position. These devices are mostly used for combating temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ).
- Lip and cheek bumpers– These are devices which are designed maintain a gap between lips or cheeks. The lips and cheek muscles might apply pressure on your teeth, and the bumpers can help to relieve that pressure.
- Palatal expander– You’re orthodontic might use a palatal expander to widen the curve from the upper jaw. Outward pressure is applied to the plate through the screws which forces the joints in the bones to open lengthwise, and thus widen the palatal area.
- Removable retainers– These retainers are worn on the roof of your mouth, these devices stop the movement of your teeth to their previous position. They can also be customized and utilized to prevent the habit of thumb sucking.
At Dis Dental, we focus on offering expert Orthodontic Treatments near Williams Landing to patients who wish to resurrect their teeth and get a perfect smile. Our friendly staff and experienced orthodontics are all set to help our patients gain a desirable look and perfect smile. To know more, connect with now and schedule an appointment.